Want to get more engagement on social media?
Here’s the key:
You don’t have to wait around for people to respond out of the kindness of their hearts. You can create engagement! Doesn’t that sound a lot better than playing the waiting game?
Your audience wants to feel seen and heard.
They CRAVE connection.
And connection starts with real conversations. That’s where you come in with an irresistible engagement post.
Simply put, an engagement post is content with the sole purpose of starting conversations.
You know when someone posts an incredible question on social media, and you can’t help but join the conversation? Not only that, but you read through all the comments AND keep checking back to see what others have to say?
That’s engagement posting at its finest, and it’s so much easier than you realize!
Here are my 20 favorite engagement questions and posts to spark conversation:
- How do you serve others? Fill in the blank: I’m here to help you _____.
- If you had to pick one actor or actress to play the role of your life, who would you pick and why?
- If you could have a million dollars tomorrow what’s one thing you would buy to treat yourself?
- Finish the phrase… But first, _____.
- What confuses you about [XYZ]?
- If you could hand over one task in your [business/life/etc] what would it be?
- What’s your superpower?
- Using only a GIF, how is your week going?
- What makes an amazing [XYZ]? (Top 3 traits)
- What are you pretty confident you’re the only person in this group to have done? Impress or shock me. (I’ve seen this one in the wild and the responses were incredible!)
- How do you balance what you want to do each day with what you have to do?
- When it comes to [XYZ], what thoughts keep you up at night?
- Fill in the blank: If I wasn’t afraid, I would ________.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you do now?
- You’ve been kidnapped. The characters from the last TV show you watched are trying to rescue you. Who’s coming to save you?
- If you could work remotely for one month anywhere in the world, where would that be?
- What would you tell your 17-year-old self?
- When I say [XYZ], you say _________.
- What’s a book that’s changed your life?
- Tell me something about yourself that sounds totally made up but is 100% TRUE!
Don’t see how questions like these could grow your business?
It’s all about creating that “know, like, trust” element your audience needs in order to feel truly connected to your brand. When they feel connected, they pour back into your business! But when you’re just a face that pops up on their feed every now and then…🤷
PLUS! When people engage with your content in meaningful ways, the all-powerful algorithm starts to know, like, and trust your brand, too. And we all want to be on the algorithm’s good side, don’t we?
Go ahead, try one out today! Then, let me know how it went.
Also, feel free to tag me @anchoradesign so I can join the conversation too. 😀